With truecaller mobile app installed on your device, all you need to do is make sure your 3G service is switched on so that a faster search for the name behind the number can be done before the caller ends the call. But in case the caller ends the call, you can still get the person’s name by entering the number he/she used in calling you into the search field of the app. Alternatively, you can also make use of an app called WhozCalling to search for the name behind the unknown number that just called you.
To install and use truecaller on your mobile phone, follow the steps below.
- Visit www.truecaller.com using the mobile device you want to install truecaller on. Alternatively, you can go to GooglePlay, BBWorld, App Store and to download the application on your Android, BlackBerry, or iPhone device.
- Once downloaded, go to your phone's Home Screen and launch the application.
- Select your country from the list of countries in the drop down menu by clicking on the arrow down button as indicated in the image below, and then click on Next.
- Next enable enhanced search by selecting Yes from the drop down menu when you click on the arrow down button, and then click on Next again.
- Finally click on Finish and you are good to go.
- Now exit the app and try calling yourself with a number that hasn't been stored yet in your phone-book. Make sure you have 3G enabled to speed up the search. But if it doesn't detect a name behind the number, then you can search for it by entering the number into the truecaller search feature and then click on Search.
If for any reason that doesn't work for you, then try downloading and using WhozCalling which is a good alternative to truecaller. For a tutorial on how to download and use WhozCalling on your mobile phone, click Here.