Having to constantly visit a web page to access your email can be time consuming and sometimes very frustrating especially if you are using a very sluggish internet connection. Have you ever clicked on an email link in a website? If you have, then you should have noticed that once you click on the email link, a Microsoft Office program will come up where you can compose and send the email from. This Microsoft office program is called Microsoft Outlook.
In this tutorial, I will be showing you guys how to configure the Microsoft Outlook program so that you can read, compose and send your email messages from it. One of the good things about setting up your email address to work on Microsoft Outlook is that you get to have access to your read messages even when you no longer have internet connection. Below is a step by step guide on how to setup and configure the Microsoft Outlook to be able to use it to read and reply to your email messages;
Configuring Microsoft Outlook:
For you to want to configure Microsoft Outlook, you must have already installed the Microsoft Office suit. If you have, then here we go;
- Open Microsoft Outlook program and click on Next.
- On the page asking you if you want to setup Outlook to connect to an email account, tick the Yes radio button and then click on Next just as shown in the image below.
- Enter your name, email address, password and then click on Next.
- Patiently wait as Outlook searches for your mail server settings to connect to your email and send a test email-message.
- Once Outlook is successfully linked to your email address, you will be informed that your IMAP e-mail account is successfully configured. Click on Finish to complete the configuration.
By following the above steps, you can begin receiving, reading and sending mails directly from Microsoft Outlook.