For some reasons, some of you guys reading this might be asking yourself of what use is this, considering the fact that 80% of mobile phone users own or must have used an Android device and so should be conversant with the steps involved in installing apps from Google Play Store. It's unbelievably true though that some people up until now still don’t know how to download and install android apps from Google Play Store let alone install such apps from any other known source.
Luckily, I really do not believe that we know it all and so have taken it upon to write a tutorial showing those who don't know how to download and install Android app from Google Play Store with a pictorial guide to make the process easy and understandable.
If you feel and believe that you don’t need this guide, then you can simply scroll down the page to find other related posts or maybe just use our search feature to search for posts related to or exactly what you are looking for. Below is the tutorial on how to download and install android apps from Google Play Store;
Downloading and Installing Android Apps from Google Play Store:
In other to be able to download android apps from Play Store, you must own a Google account. If you don’t have a Google account yet, then simple go through my post Pictorial Guide on How to Open and Own a Google Account for Free to learn how to get an account for free.
Believing that by now you have a Google account, let us proceed to downloading and installing android apps from Play Store.
- On your Android device, locate and tap/click on the Play Store icon.
- Once the Play Store app opens, you shall be given two options. To either login using an existing Google account or create a new one. Believing that by now you have a Google account, we shall just go ahead and select Existing. You can only get this option if you are accessing Play Store for the first time on your Android device (i.e. if someone has not already logged into the Play Store app on your Android device).
- Next you shall be required to login using your Google account details (email address and password). Input the information as required and click/tap on the Next icon as shown in the image below.
- Patiently wait as you are signed into Play Store.
- On the Play Store interface, locate the Search Icon and click/tap on it.
- Search for the app you want to download and install by entering its name in the search box. For image illustration, I shall be searching for the popular WhatsApp app.
- Once you have located the Android app you want to download, click/tap on it.
- When the apps page opens, locate and click on Install to begin download and installation of the app.
- Click on Accept when a pop-up page appears to allow the app have access to some specified features on your Android device. For privacy and security reasons, please ensure you go through the list of features the app wants to have access to before proceeding to click/tap on the Accept button.
- Patiently wait as the app is downloaded and installed on your device. The time it will take for it to be downloaded and installed is dependent solely on the app’s size and your browsing speed.
- After the download and installation is done, you shall get a page like the one shown below (remember that the image illustration is that from WhatsApp download and installation). Click/tap on Open to launch and begin using the app you downloaded.
Note: The images I used for illustration are those taken during the installation of WhatsApp messenger and it therefore means that the logo, text, app size, download speed, etc. might differ from the one you shall be seeing during the download and installation of other Android applications from Google Play Store.